Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

stuck in a rut

If you could have been a fly on my wall last week, you might have thought you were spying on a crazy person. Insanity=doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

That was me. Taking pictures off my walls, hanging them in different places expecting it to look different. The result? A lot of the same, and very little change.

I've been staring at my walls for the past year or so feeling rather dissatisfied. Not feeling them anymore, wanting a change. I've outgrown them somehow. At least, they don't feel like they fit me anymore. I hate that. I want to LOVE what I see on the walls of my home. I want them to be an expression of me.

Little by little, small spaces have changed. But, the big ones remain. And, the insanity comes out.

I'm a big fan of re-purposing items. I found another use for a frame that I loved. I'll show you that later. But, for today, here's my dilemma.

Maybe I just need to start from scratch this time? Help?

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I feel the SAME way about my walls and I do pretty much the same thing. I'm glad to know I'm not alone :)

    I love your placemats. I have a dark brown table and I didn't think I could do brown on brown, but this showed me I can. It's all about finding the right texture.

    And where did you get the great orange fall arrangement?? I want that for my kitchen table but I haven't known where to look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--they're not you anymore. The pics are too much like our old dorm room posters. Maybe you could take it all down, stare at blank walls for a while, walk through Hobby Lobby or Pier One or somewhere, look back through your favorite KWP pics and wait to be inspired. Maybe a blank canvas would get the creative juices flowing...you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, friends. Kendra, I think I'll try that. I think you're right. It must come down before I'll know what to put there.

    Karin, the fall arrangement is my own creation--just an empty vase, and the branches I think I picked up at Michael's one year on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say something similar in that I don't see any of your awesome photography up. I think you need to put up some of your family pics. You could do a collage of photos on one wall, and a large picture on one wall, etc. Black and whites are always fun, too, or sepia. You are creative, I know you will think of something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina,
    I think you should frame some of your photography. You have such great photos. Maybe a collage of frames with your kids pics or some of your macro or landscape stuff. Cost Plus World Market also has some good pieces for walls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!