Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

the great american road trip

Isn't it a great American tradition to take a gi-normous road trip every summer? I have to say, I really wish that our country had better public transportation. I mean, who was really cut out to ride in a car for like the entire day for two days straight? I'm much more a fan of flying places. But, hey, I shouldn't complain because we really had a great trip in a great car.

So, here we are, just getting started:


First stop: Florida citrus.



We didn't buy any because, frankly, it didn't look so good. We opted for the oh-so-famous Florida saltwater taffy instead.

I asked M what a monkey looked like. Pretty good, euh?


We had some good moments in the car...


...and then it was time for a movie. Definitely riding in style.


Some pretty scenery along the way.


Next post: Pensacola Beach...I know you can't wait :)

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Fun pics! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are great. looks like fun! i love that first picture it is so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to travel like this all the time when we were little. I loved it, so many great memories. Thanks for giving us a sneak peak into your vacation, want to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that monkey face - cracked me up! And what a gorgeous view - so very blue!! We just finished a story about covered wagons. I'm sure a car ride beats that, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:24 PM

    How fun! When I was little we drove from Chicago to Colorado..I will never forget that trip. Great shots!
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right - can't wait to see more!! :) Love road trips and love that first pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your girls did well! Gotta love the movie time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last shot is beautiful! Looks like fun!

    On my blog you asked about Lomo so I thought I would give you the link to the action I used. (I tweaked it a bit).

    http://www.addictedtodesign.com/free_photoshop_actions.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these!!! Especially the perspective in the first one and how serene and calming the last one is. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! It looks like you guys are having a great time! I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, love that last shot! Do you know how lucky you are to have kids in this day and age--and the technology for road trips? 30 years ago it took me weeks to get enough games, activities, books, etc. to keep the crew occupied. Let's hear it for DVD players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE road trips. Seriously if I could I'd live in an RV quite happily.

    I love the pictures. Especially the one of you all in the car ready to go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!