Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

little miss spunky

Little Miss Spunky and I have been learning to work together a bit better over the last few weeks.

An actual conversation between us (before we took spring break):

Me: M, I don't like this.
M: What?
Me: Homeschool! I don't like homeschool!!
M: Oh.
Me: So, here's how it's going to work. Are you listening to me?!?
M: (lying in an arc over the chair) Yeah.
Me: Ok, I'm going to give you work, and you're going to do it. Are you listening?!?
M: Yeah.
Me: Ok, so what did I say?
M: Um...I have to be good, and listen...
Me: No, that's not what I said! It's very simple really. I give you work, and you do it. Now, tell me what I said.
M: I don't want to.
Me: Well, if you don't tell me, then I'm not going to know you understand, and this is NOT going to work!
M: Ok, you said, you give me work, and I do it.
Me: Yes, you've got it. Because as far as I can tell, we've got two options next year: homeschool or public school.
M: I am NOT going back to public school.
Me: Well, if you don't do your work, you may have to.
M: Why?
Me: Well, they can make you.
M: THEY can't make me do anything. I can do whatever I want and I am NOT going back to public school!!!
--end of discussion--


Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yes, this sounds like our daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so innocent in the first photo. But those eyebrows are a dead give-away to what is lurking beneath. Good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you don't want to hear this, but the one of her scratching her nose looks just like her mother...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!