Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

air boat ride

We had a fun evening with our summer interns by taking an air boat ride together. I mean, I think this is Central Florida at it's best--the culture that existed before theme park days. It was slow, down-homey, and fun.


My car's all loaded up!


Aren't the sound-protective headphones so cute?


Just me being goofey.


Not that I like alligators, but I did feel a little bad for this caged guy.


In the middle of the tour, our guide stopped the boat to point out some baby alligators for us. Can you find it in the photo? His nose is directly above the "P" in my watermark. He was only about 6 inches long. It takes a few years for gators to grow to 2 feet in length, at which point they are no longer preyed upon. Until that point, they are fair game for most birds, particularly, the blue heron, who is 4 feet tall at maturity. I learned so much on our tour!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! That little alligator reminds me of that movie with the crazy lady feeding her "cute little buttons" when they were that size, only to have them grow up to be humongous and eat people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have had loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep sure looks like fun was beign had!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! So lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your first shot in the rear view mirror. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat, different idea. I bet that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that first shot!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy all your perspectives. I've always wanted to do a shot like you did in #1. Maybe I'll try it this week, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first shot! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think an airboat ride would be so cool! looks like you had lots of fun and got some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like so much fun! We took a fanboat ride the last time we went to FL to visit my grandparents. I had a blast! (the boys were scared- wimps!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!