Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

ballet fever

The girls just had their Spring recital, La Stravaganza, an original ballet choreographed by their ballet teacher, Miss Lenora, to Vivaldi's Spring. Though it was only their second recital ever, they both took very naturally to the stage and to dance. Stage photography, however, is not so natural for me. Whew! Talk about impossible. The combo of dim light, no flash photography, excited girls and spotlights provided quite a challenge for me. It was really only my first try, so I'll just have to keep practicing!




First three photos taken backstage. The vintage is a combo of Pinoneer Womean's "Vintage" and "Lovely and Ethereal" (and a bit of my own processing too).



The girls were awarded medals and flowers after their performance to congratulate them on a great year. Thanks, Miss Lenora, for a great year!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my they look so beautiful! I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:34 PM

    those are so sweet!
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything cuter than little ballerinas like these? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job, esp with not such great indoor circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful little girls. i really love the last photo. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the memories:) I really hope someday I'll be able to attend a ballet recital for my daughter. Guess that means I'll have to have a daughter eh? Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the last one. with all of them looking at their flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I should tell you that my 9 year old is looking with me and said "She is so pretty!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:57 PM

    They are so amazing. I just adore the last one of them all lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love how these photos capture these sweet and precious moments! just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!