Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

the treasure party

Miss A's treasure party was a lot of fun.
Lucky for me, the Dollar Tree was selling wooden treasure boxes for $1 each.

Photobucket

Next, Mr. Wood helped lead the kids through a treasure hunt at our neighborhood park. He's quite clever, you see, and came up with four riddles for the kids to solve. Each riddle led to the next riddle. After all four riddles were collected, the reverse side made a puzzle picture of their "treasure." Miss A said this was her favorite part of the party.

Photobucket

La piece de resistance. The treasure cake. I'll be honest. Making cakes like this stress me out. You pretty much have one shot at it, and if it goes badly, it's all over. Thankfully, this bunch of 6-year-olds thought it was great and were quite happy with my feeble attempt. Oh, and they all loved those chocolate coins.

Photobucket

All in all, it was a great time. And now, I'm all partied out.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So are you hanging from the ceiling while they're painting their treasure boxes? I love the cake! You're amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!