Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

baking time!

I was in the mood to bake last week (which does not happen very often)--I'm more of a cook than a baker. So, I suggested to the girls that we make Valentine's cookies. They were soooo excited! I had a lot of fun snapping these as the process unfolded.


The rolling pin provided great entertainment while the girls were waiting for me to mix up the dough!




I taugh the girls how to "plan" their cuts in order to maximize the dough. They actually "got it" and made really good use of their space.








I usually don't care for photos of kids eating food, but these just made me smile!






And, of course, one of M's wonderful expressions. She has so many!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 PM

    hi!! GREAT pics!! i am one of emily's kansas buddies, and crazy photo enthusiast, so i love checking out beautiful pics!! what kind of camera do you use?! that photoshop lightroom looks awesome...! anyhow, just wanted to let you know i stopped by and love your creative eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i'm another one of emily's friends from kansas... i love your pics, especially the ones in the fabric softner commercial post. it looks so beautiful where you are! so jealous since i'm looking out on snow right now. emily sounds stoked about jazzercising with you, she's an awesome chick, you can't help but love her! just wanted to let you know i checked out your blog... thanks for letting us in on your creativity, your girls are beautiful!
    :)jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! Emily, you have such friendly friends! :)

    Allyson, I shoot with a Canon Rebel XT. Just got the 50mm f/1.8 and I'm having tons of fun playing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristina! I read your blog down here in Chile, since you asked who reads it. I love seeing your girls growing up. (BTW, photography is misspelled in your copywrite. Just a detail, but it distracts from your awesome photos.) I hope you and David are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great catch, Amanda! I (obviously) had not noticied that. You're the first to tell me. Thanks! I'll fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!