Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

camping birthday

Last weekend our friends threw a camping birthday party for their son. Camping in February? Yep, it's the best time of the year to go down here!

It turned into a "progressive" birthday part of sorts. We started at the beach. The kids didn't think it was too cold to get into the water. They also piled 8 people into a 6 person raft. I wish I would have gotten a picture of that! (I was too busy chatting!)The raft itself was on the leaky side, so they didn't go out into the lake very far.



The playground was the next stop. We hung out there while waiting for the campfire to get started.




The final stage was the most fun by far. The kids got to roast their own hot dogs over the open fire. The girls thought it was the coolest thing ever! Before we left (we didn't stay for the overnight part of camping), M said, "This is the BEST birthday party I've ever been to! Can we do this for my next birthday?"





3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina, I found your blog through Emily's blog. I live where Emily just moved from. Kansas. I only know her for about 4 months before she moved because I had just moved to Kansas. We all miss her here and I'm so glad she has found someone she can hang with.
    I also want to say you take beautiful pics and your girls are just darling.
    Take care of Emily for us,
    ~melissa p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! were you all at moss park? i know they do camping there for pretty cheap...anyways, see ya at church tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Kristina, these are amazing photos! It's great to get a little glimpse of what and how you all are doing in Orlando. We miss you guys a lot! I can't believe how much the girls have grown too! Are you all thinking of having any more? We're not sure yet. Have to get through seminary first...then military life. Hmmm...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!