Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

yippee!

School is starting next week. And, I have mixed emotions. My M is going to start Kindergarten. I was feeling pretty nostalgic earlier this week, thinking about how big she is getting, worrying if she would be ok at school. It's strange to think of her in a big old school building everyday not knowing exactly what's going on. But, then I got a phone call from her teacher yesterday, and I felt much better. She sounded so sweet and kind, and all of a sudden, I felt much more at ease. Tomorrow we go "meet the teacher."

Ask me again in a few weeks, and I'm sure I'll feel more like this photo. Yippee!

yippee!

14 comments:

  1. so sweet! great pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 PM

    That shot ROCKS! I love it! I am so ready for my kids to start school...mine are older though...
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - love this!! So much action - so sweet!! I felt that way when I started my vacation!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your capture here, and that faded feel to the processing. Fantastic! I know what you are going through...my son is starting 2nd grade but my daughter is starting HIGH SCHOOL. EEEK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot---great music!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that jump action! I had so many worries when my oldest started school. I was a ball of nerves the first day. I've calmed down 10 years later LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This photo is gorgeous! I love the color that you brought out in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an AWESOME shot, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an AMAZING shot! I love it! Those beachy colors are just fantastic! I am with you on the school nostalgia... we did the "meet the teacher" thing with Kaitlyn this evening for preschool. I am not ready for my baby to grow up yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! That is me when school starts. I love to get some peace and quiet and I know my boys love the structure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:26 AM

    Aww, I remember those firsts day of kindy... Love the shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sigh...our babies are growing up! I would feel that way if I was at the beach...or is that how happy A is about school starting..? :) I love the shot of A in your "Life in Orlando" header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! What an incredible shot! I think that you should print that big for her room. I love the wonderful, joyful expression. What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun shot. Good luck when she has to leave on the first day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!