Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

black and white, baby!

Sometimes you take a photo of something cool, and it's just blah. Look at these below. Nothing special, right?

Photobucket
Photobucket

But, then, when you convert them to black and white, all of a sudden, you've got an eye-grabber.
Photobucket

Photobucket

These are coquina (shell walls) in St. Augustine, the oldest city in all of America. It was founded in 1565! We were lucky to have a chance to go there last week while we were at the beach. If you love history, this is one cool city! We only had a few hours in the afternoon, so it's on my list of places to get back to. And, of couse, I have more pics to share later! :)

21 comments:

  1. Very cool. The B&W makes the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very cool wall! You are right, the b/w really brought out the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the texture. Great conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the b&w just fits those pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the B&W great conversions

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great place to visit! I really like your conversion on these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It IS amazing what a good conversion can do for an image for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them! Thanks for posting the 'pre' edited version! It is nice to see some some GREAT pictures looked like to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that wall is awesome! Great captures I love the textures and the conversions are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree on the b&w, I hardly ever keep things in color. It's just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - awesome wall! Love the b&w!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:10 AM

    You are SO right about these conversions. They are brilliant. Sometimes black and whites make all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the B&W. That shell wall is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big difference! I'd like to visit there too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how b&w can make or break a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that b/w really does make the photos pop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The b&W certainly plays up the light and tonal variation very nicely. I like your journaling along with this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yo!!! You're the winner in naming my cat!!!!!! Please send me your address to heather@heatherbauersphotography.com and I'll get your book out asap:)

    What a great name, I was thinking along those same lines after making her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!