Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year Resolutions 2011

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to blog more often. I really enjoy it. It's a fun way to document little moments and get to know others as well. Along with that, I'm planning to make a blog book this year using a site called blurb. You can "slurp" you blog into a blurb book. It's great. You can also make photo books there.

So, I should probably get to posting more photos so that my book would actually represent our year and not just snippets here and there. I also want to get back to taking at least a photo a day. It has gotten so hard to do this!

Resolution #2 is to go to bed earlier so that I can work my way out of sleep deprivation. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've gotten to sleep through the night in the past few months. Little Z-man has been up a lot for one reason or another. Mothers of babies, I know you can relate! Sleep deprivation does not do pretty things to one's disposition. Especially mine. Sleep, I need more sleep!

Resolution #3: bring order to chaos. The flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants approach to life was working pretty well for me. And, then baby #3 came along, and life sort of ceased to function very well. Heaps of laundry, piles of stuff everywhere, sporadic trips to the grocery store only to come home and still not have the ingredients for dinner....you get the picture. Life was just getting a bit out-of-control.

So, I'm taking baby steps. First step: make a meal plan and follow it! On the simplest level, it's just writing down what I'm going to make for dinner and make sure I have all the ingredients I need. So far, it's making life much less chaotic. Second step: bring the whole family into doing chores regularly. Third Step: try to clean something & organize a space on a regular/rotating basis.

That's it. We'll see how I do! What are your New Year's resolutions?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Kristina,

    I can so relate and have some similar goals for myself this year. With Baby #3 it is so much harder to fly by the seat of my pants which is usually how I like to roll! And the meals.....wow! I do so much better too when I have a plan for the week. I have made Monday soup night so that I know I can have some good leftovers throughout the week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, love the picture with it. I agree, I feel the same way since having baby #3, that life is much more chaotic and out of control. I'm trying to get a better handle on dinner, as well. It really makes for a much less stressful day. Allrecipes.com is my BFF. I've enjoyed trying out so many new recipes, and getting out of my cooking rut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!