Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

it's short: the backstory

It's interesting what  a simple haircut will reveal about your kid's personalities.

I went to the salon on Friday morning with long-ish hair.  Hair that desperately needed some style.  It's so hard to get to the salon with a baby in your life--I was long overdue!  The change was...dramatic to say the least!

It's a little shorter than I expected, but I'm getting used to it, and liking it most of the time.

With my scatterbrain, I ended up locking myself outside of my house, and since it was cold in FL on Friday, I decided to wait in my car in the garage to keep warm.

David had taken little Z to have lunch with the girls at school, but came back to let me in the house.  When they pulled up next to me, I looked over and waved and smiled at little Z, who usually smiles back...but this time, he just stared at me.  Sort of an open-mouth stare.  Confused.  Who is that woman smiling and waving at me?!
It took him a few minutes to realize that it was me.  The women who gave birth to him and who takes care of him everyday.

When Miss M got home from school, she could not hide her shock.  Upon seeing me, she screamed.  Literally screamed like she had just seen a ghost.  "You look UGLY!" she shouted, and could not contain her horror at my short hair.  Nice, M, very nice.  She's the dramatic one of the family.

Miss A sort of looked at me with wide-eyes.  "Hmmm," she pondered aloud, "that's....interesting.  I think it's okay."  Very diplomatic and polite.

And, that about sums it up. I do love my children, but sometimes I'd love to pop them on the side of the head.   Instead, I'll just blog about them and get it out that way :)


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Of course it looks great! Made me glad I chopped mine off when Maeve was 3 months - she was too little to notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look ugly! seriously, M?

    you so don't look ugly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! got a haircut a few months ago and the hairdresser told me he was conservative but when he made that first cut i knew it was much shorter than what i had wanted : (. it took me a looong time to finally get use to it.

    glad i found your blog! happy to meet you! your family is beautiful! i will definitely be dropping by more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!